Monday, February 9, 2009

What's for dinner?

I think this phrase has to be one of my least favorite. It should be such an easy answer but it rarely is. Why?
1. I haven't had time to think about what we are having for dinner(yes, I know it is 5:30).
2. Why ask you won't like it anyway.
3. Someone ate one of the main ingredients.
4. Someone ate one of the minor ingredients.
5. I don't have time to soak the beans in my food storage
6. I haven't been to the grocery store for awhile.
7. I have been to the grocery store but nothing I bought will make a meal.
8. That would require me to clean the kitchen.
9. You filled up on snacks, won't that tide you over until breakfast?
10. It's too much work.

6 comments:

  1. Too funny, too true. I hate it when my students ask "what are we learning today?" I wonder if they would come in more excited to learn if I announced that today we are doing direct object/indirect object/and double object pronouns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My experience is they still ask when they know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing over here....add, I can't remember where the beans in my food storage are to that list for me! Actually, I can't find my food storage due to the dire conditions of my basement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know its realy bad when you even have a list and still don't know whats for dinner. Plus many times my husbands not home and I just can't bring myself to make a real meal for kids who wont eat it anyway. I figure if I get a frout and vegtable on the plat thats good enoghe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel Ray answers this question everyday on her show, I watch it and still don't have the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I always wondered why my mom got so annoyed when we would ask her every day what was for dinner, and now I know.

    ReplyDelete