Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sometimes I think this mom thing is too hard

Often on Sunday afternoon I try to work with the children on things like Duty to God, Gospel in Action, Personal Progress, and even some Scouts. It seems like such a good idea but it rarely ends well. Someone will always be angry at me because I won't sign something off they think should be signed off because the time has elapsed for it to be finished(no matter that maybe not all the requirements were met)or they tried really hard, etc. This got me to thinking that no matter how hard I try someone seems to be unhappy with something going on.

Laundry is done almost daily but someone still needs socks.
Food is prepared but someone is still hungry.
Toys and games are provided but someone is still bored.
Chores get done but the house is still messy.
Family home evening is done but someone still argues.

I am trying to embrace that as a mom things get done and things get in order but never at the same time. I am beginning to see that maybe they hear and learn a bit more than they let on. And there is that moment when one of them will come up to you and brush the hair from your face and give you a kiss on the cheek and say "mommy I love you" and you realize that maybe this mom thing is hard but definitely worth it.

2 comments:

  1. beautifully written!
    and ps- I'm reading lace reader too- it's interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a look at the video on my friend Sharee's blog. That's the quote about creativity I was telling you about to put on the wall. I'd be hard to decide what part to use since it would be hard to put the whole talk on the wall in vynal lettering.

    ReplyDelete