Thursday, May 7, 2009

How Sweet It Is




This may look like some kind of delicious candy I am making. (Like the people at the fudge factories in the mall) Oh how I wish it was me making yummy fudge that melts in your mouth, but it isn't. This was my 2 hour unplanned project today. I came home from something (can't even remember at this point)and opened the cupboard to find that someone had tipped over the container of honey. It was opened either when it tipped over or was never completely shut, who knows which. I should have taken a picture at the beginning mess, but of course didn't think of it (so you will just have to imagine). Boxes of rice, pasta and Bisquick; cans of lemonade, Crisco, Gatorade, and bread crumbs; onions and garlic, one loose and one in a bag; paper plates, cups and bowls; a bottle of cider vinegar and rice vinegar; and a bag of almonds all sitting in a 5 lb. pool of rich, thick (it was the whipped kind) gooey honey. I don't know if any of you have had the pleasure of cleaning up honey but somehow it spreads and multiplies leaving a sticky coating wherever it is or never was. I pulled out all the containers, anything cardboard had to be tossed (some contents could be saved by pouring it into Ziploc baggies) along with the onions and garlic (the little bag that you buy produce in was especially gooey filling all those folds). I proceeded to wash anything that was glass or plastic or metal and then moved on to scooping out the honey sticky spoonful after sticky spoonful. This is when I decided to take the picture. After getting most of the honey up and wiping several times and getting nowhere I decided to pull off the contact paper and replace it. I did not have any, which then necessitated a trip to Target. Of course I couldn't just buy contact paper at Target because things just find there way into my cart. But look on the bright side, see how nice it looks now.

4 comments:

  1. So was it on the top shelf or did you only have to clean up the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you would have asked me for contact paper, I have pleanty. Bummer about the honey and the need for clean up. Could have been worse though, it could have been covered in ants or something awful by the time you found it. Looks good now though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. what a sickeningly sweet experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They should make the shelves removable and dishwasher safe.

    ReplyDelete